Saturday, February 17, 2018

See Yourself as the Commodore 64 Sees You

I just stumbled across another interesting throwback to a better time in personal computing. I knew it would be of interest to cyberpunks, retro computing geeks, and even modern tech nerds so I figured, "Why not post"?

The site is called "64 Yourself". You just drag and drop a photo from your hard drive and it will render it in eight bit color. You can then share it to Facebook, Flickr, or save it to disk. It also has a slick Commodore 64 blue screen style interface.

Since no one wants to see my ugly mug, and I wanted to stay in the C64 era here,  I used a shot of Susana Hoffs from The Bangles, one of my favorite 80s bands.

Before:

After:


The link to the site is here: http://c64.superdefault.com/

From what I can tell, it's pretty accurate to the C= 64 color palette.

I am planning on doing a tutorial in the near future about how to get the same, eight bit, effect using Gimp Image Editor.







No comments:

Post a Comment